Last updated: May 25, 2018
Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. We here at QuikFix Laptop Keyboard Keys are dedicated to assuring your experience on our website is both satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully and completely understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement clearly discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a feedback or other form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Testimonials on our Website
The testimonials section of this website is for the purpose of sharing user experiences. The testimonials section is moderated to ensure accurate and positive testimonials. Published testimonials are genuine and are not edited or altered by us in any way. QuikFix Laptop Keyboard Keys reserves the right to post or remove any testimonial at its discretion.
By posting your comment(s) or testimonial(s) (“Testimonial”) on our website, you give us permission to reprint or use the Testimonial in connection with our business. You also are agreeing to the following: (1) The reprint or use of the Testimonial will be at our discretion and without compensation; (2) We may use the Testimonial with or without any pseudo (pen) name credit; (3) Our right to use the Testimonial is perpetual and may be assigned by us; (4) We may use the Testimonial locally, nationally or globally and such use may be made in any media, information or communication platform (including Internet advertising) currently in use or later developed; and (5) You and not someone else composed and posted the Testimonial.
Other than your pseudo (pen) name, which we may or may not use, your personal contact information will not be disclosed in connection with our reprint or use of your Testimonial.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required by law to keep the information confidential.
All personal information stored on servers within our facility are protected and encrypted by complex algorithms that require extensive programming knowledge to uncover. These servers are kept within locked rooms and are only accessible by employees with the proper permissions to do so. Additionally, our facility is locked each night and monitored from multiple locations by surveillance equipment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file by us for more than 120 days. However, previous order information may be held in our database indefinitely as to facilitate any inquiries that may arise from the customer. If you’d like to have this information removed at any time, please Contact Us to request this data be removed from our servers.
Do we disclose information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you have not reached the age of majority or are not of age to enter into legally binding agreements in your country, you may not use this website unless supervised by an adult. If you believe that we have received information from a child or other person protected under such laws, please notify us immediately by email, and we will take all necessary and reasonable steps to remove the information from our databases.
Rights Regarding Personal Data
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we collect via our website. Some of these rights will only apply in specific circumstances. If an individual would like to exercise or discuss any of these rights, they should submit their request in writing or email to [email protected] and provide sufficient information to allow us to understand the scope of the request.
- Access: You are entitled to ask us if we are processing your personal data and, if we are, you can request access to said personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and certain other information about it.
- Correction: You are entitled to request that any incomplete, inaccurate or otherwise erroneous personal data we hold about you is corrected.
- Deletion: You are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal data in certain circumstances. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for deletion, for example, where the personal data is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims.
- Restriction: You are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data (for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it).
- Transfer: You are entitled to request the transfer of your personal data to another third party in limited circumstances.
- Objection: You are entitled to challenge where we are processing personal data based on legitimate interests (or those of a third party). However, we may be entitled to continue processing personal data based on our compelling legitimate interests or where this is relevant to legal claims. You also have the right to object where we are processing personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Automated decisions: You are entitled to contest any automated decision made about you where this has a legal or similarly significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered.
- Supervisory Authority: You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in the European Union where you are habitually resident, where you work or where an alleged infringement of Data Protection Legislation has taken place.
- Via the contact form on our website.
- By email, please click here.